1. Applicants must be citizens of EU member countries and in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for Chinese training program must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for general scholar program must have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and be under the age of 45.
- Applicants for senior scholar program must have master’s degree or above or hold academic title of associate professor or higher and be under the age of 50.
VALUES OF SCHOLARSHIP
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, and fee for basic learning materials, and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus；
- Living allowance；
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration for new student；- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China；
- One-off inter-city travel subsidy. Note:
1） Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship beyond the university’s arrangements should be self-afforded.
2） Fee for basic learning materials ONLY covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by the host institution, and other textbooks and materials shall be self-afforded.
3） Monthly allowance is granted to the students through the host institution at the following rates （CNY Yuan per month）:
- Chinese language students: CNY 1,400 Yuan
- General scholars: CNY 1,700 Yuan
- Senior scholars: CNY 2,000 Yuan
Scholarship students shall receive their monthly living allowance after registration. New students who register before 15th （15th included） of the registration month will get the full amount of living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half amount. Students upon graduation will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the next month after students suspend their studies, school or complete schooling from the university. Monthly living allowance covers school holidays. Scholarship students who missed the monthly living allowance during holidays could be reimbursed upon their return on campus. The allowance will be suspended for at least one month if students do not register on time without permission from the university in advance, leave for non-health reasons or are absent from the university over a month.
Students who have to suspend their studies for pregnancy or for health reasons are required to go back to their home countries for labor or for treatment. The international travel expenses should be covered by the students themselves. With the university’s approval, the scholarship status can be reserved for up to one year, and their living allowances will be suspended during their leave. The scholarship status will not be reserved for those who suspend their studies for other reasons.
4） New students will get a one-off settlement subsidy upon their arrival in China.
- CNY 1,000 Yuan for new students who will study in China for less than one academic year
- CNY 1,500 Yuan for new students who will study in China for one academic year and above
5） Fee for outpatient medical service refers to the outpatient expense in the institution’s hospital or the hospitals appointed by the institution. The students are to cover a certain percentage of expense in accordance with the institution’s relevant regulations.
6） Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China is provided by MOE for the scholarship students in China in case of hospitalizing for serious diseases and accidental injuries. The institutions or the appointed medical assistance agencies provide advancement service for insurance expenses, and claim for compensation with relevant payment receipts from the insurance company according to the stipulated insurance articles. For scholarship students, the individual claim will not be accepted by the insurance company
7） One-off inter-city travel subsidy （each for coming-in and leaving China）
A hard-seat train ticket （hard-berth train ticket for overnight trip） will be provided for scholarship students traveling.
From the port of entry upon registration to the city where the admitting institution or Chinese language training institution or preparatory education institution is located；
From the Chinese language training institution or the preparatory education institution to the city where the university for major study is located；
From the city where the institution is located to the nearest port for departure upon graduation. Meal and excess of baggage should be self-afforded.
In principle, the port of entry is Beijing, or a port of entry near where the university is located.
8） International travel expenses: self-afforded. ；
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely （in duplicate）.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship （filled in Chinese or in English）
Applicants shall fill in and print the application form after submitting it online.
The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available on http://laihua.csc.edu.cn
Applicants who have no internet access due to the limited internet service provided in their countries can request the application form from their dispatching authorities.
2. Highest diploma （notarized photocopy）: Applicants shall also provide proofs of studying on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic Transcripts （notarized photocopy）: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. Recommendation letters: Applicants for senior scholars must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
5. Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of the applicants’ own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit a CD of the applicants’ own works （including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works）.
6. A study or research plan written in Chinese or English （no less than 400 words）.
7. 7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form （the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn）. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
The above materials should be forwarded to CSC by April 30th 2013 via the Office for Education and Culture, Mission of P. R. China to the European Union. Application documents will not be returned.
ION OF INSTITUTIONS AND SPECIALTY
Applicants may choose one academic program and three institutions as their preferences from the Chinese HEIs designated by MOE. Please check the Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program. Only the listed Chinese HEIs in the Directory are available to the applicants for their study in China.
APPROVAL AND NOTIFICATION
1. CSC will assess all the application documents and it reserves the right to make necessary adjustments on the proposed institutions, specialties and duration of study. The qualified applications will be forwarded to institutions and the final decision whether to admit the applicants will be made by them. The applications will be regarded as invalid and will not be accepted if they fail to meet the eligibility or the application documents are incomplete.
2. Applicants are required to enclose the admission notice from Chinese HEIs, if they have, in the application documents.
3. Scholarship applicants academically accepted by Chinese HEIs will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with the approval from CSC.
4. Students are not permitted, in principle, to change their specialties, institutions or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
5. CSC will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China （JW201） to the candidates through the Office for Education and Culture, Mission of P. R. China to the European Union by July 31st, 2013.
Mr. CHEN Gong
Tel: 0032-2-7729572 ext 8318
Address: Boulevard de la woluwe 100, 1200 Woluwe, Brussels, Belgium.