Lanzhou University of Technology is located in Lanzhou, the provincial capital of Gansu Province, once a significant fortress on China’s historic Silk Road, is a unversity of science and engineering with a long history. The university was first established in 1919 as Gansu provincial Technical School. In 1958, the school was renamed Lanzhou Polytechnic Institute，and in the same year, after a merger with Gansu Jiaotong College, the Institute was renamed as Gansu University of Technology. In 1965, the University expanded the specialty curriculum when three specialties from Northeast Heavy-Machine Building Institute, and one specialty from Beijing Machine-Building Institute became a part of the University. The above specialties were a part of First Machine-Building Industry Ministry of China prior to transfer.
Number of Students：42000